Many people points and shoot instantly using their phones. This need added “camera” feature of the mobile phones in the buyer’s list of future to compare for different products.
When Iphone 5 announced, I thought if it worth to change Iphone 4. Comparing the camera feature of Iphone 5 with its predecessors I phone 4 or Iphone 4S, here are the highlights.
Camera of I Phone 5 has:
- Excellent resolution at low ISO settings. It goes up to ISO 3200.
- Reliable autofocus metering and white balance in daylight
- Automatic face detection
- More noise reduction compared to 4 or 4s.
- Bright, very high-resolution LCD screen
- Excellent built-in HDR mode.
- Shot in Panorama modes. It actually comes with IOS 6 and can be used by 4 and 4S too.
- Hardware shutter button (volume keys)
- Easy to use Camera Application.
- Easy Auto Focus touching the screen.
- Poor flash performance in low light.
- Yellowish results under warm artificial light
- Occasional “moire” issues with very fine detail (fabric, straight lines, etc.)
As the final note, definitely camera of IPhone 5 has a better image quality and easy to use application compared to its predecessors. Although IPhone 5 has a very good camera, looking at the specs and image quality, Nokia pureview 808 camera is better compared to Iphone 5 camera.
Now this is your call, where to position your camera expectation with Iphone 5 compared to its predecessors.